I think we have a situation here! People are definitely in spoil mode with Breck and he isn't even here yet! Can you guess what Brian's favorite present was? It already has a prime spot in our movie room.




Check it out - I have known and loved these girls forever! It is funny to me that not only did we grow up together, but all of us strictly have boys! I am so glad they got to come - some I haven't seen in forever.
So once we got home, we went right to work putting the last bits of the nursery together. Check out the baby bedding. It looks perfect! My mom lovingly did a custom job for me since my colors are too cool for stores to carry! :)
Brian's cousins own a custom lettering business. (Check out their site for more: http://bellarosesigns.com) They do sweet plaques as well as stick-on wall stenciling. And let me tell you, it is exactly what I envisioned for the room. It is so perfect. Brian and I wanted so badly to communicate to Breck (and all who visit), that he is such a special child born out of faith alone. I love it that his room can speak those words of encouragement and faith to him daily.


Ok, so I started to spread everything out on the nursery floor so I could take it all in and organize before putting it away. Not only would it not fit into the frame of the picture, it wouldn't all fit into the room. Seriously - thank you for showering us with so much love. Oh and the tons of gift cards we got allowed us to go shopping when we got back and buy some badly needly necessities like bottles! We also got our sweet little swing - I'm really excited about it! And notice all the clothes and toys from the center to the right of the picture? Just when I thought I could not possibly get anything else home (especially since you can't see the jumping activity center, high chair, booster car seat and football chair that couldn't possibly fit in this room), Brittany, Breck's aunt who organized the entire shower, opened up the biggest toy closet I have ever seen. Seriously, her son Wake has a huge room and closet just for all his toys. Well, Brittany, and more importantly Wake - whose permission to borrow these items was important to secure - unleashed a ridiculous amount of toys and clothes that he had already outgrown. And that was stopping with the six months old bin! I really don't think Breck will ever have to worry about something cute to wear - his Aunt Brittany whose stubborn streak is a mile wide! refuses to listen to reason when it comes to not spoiling her nephew (or as her son refers to Breck, his brother, not his cousin). Brittany - I cannot begin to tell you thanks enough for not only so many sweet gifts (and way too much of them too!) but for all the prayers and tears I know you have shared along the way to get us to a day we could celebrate the upcoming arrival of our own little boy. It truly touches my heart how much you love us.

It was so good to see you! It had been way too long! I saw your most recent post- please take it easy these last few weeks! It will go by faster than you think.
ReplyDeleteUm I'm not that stubborn!! Well okay maybe I am! I will mainly shower breck with love and if that love occaisionally comes in the form of toys well--- I'm sure he will understand ; )
ReplyDeletehis aunt Brittany is just excited and wake is ready for his "brother"!!