Saturday, June 5, 2010






























All great days have cake! Isn't this one just about too cute to eat? I think we have definitely found a bakery to make all Breck's birthday cakes! And it was the most delicious 3-layer chocolate cake I've ever had. The fact that there are still leftovers of it in my fridge makes it even better! My school threw me a baby shower this past week. It was so much fun! They even have a cute little stork they bring out for it (pictured below) with an interchangeable boy/girl bundle. Everyone was so sweet and we got some cute things for Breck and gift cards to buy more! Brian's Science Department also put together a really sweet gift basket with tons of items we adore. I really love the Radio Flyer wagon my team got us though. It just warms my heart to think of all the fun excursions we will take Breck on in it! I can't wait.





























It was an eventful week with school wrapping up and graduations galore. One of my favorite students graduated this week from Duncanville High School. I can't even begin to describe how proud I am of her. She has turned into such an amazing young woman. I know her future is bright and limitless!













And we had fun reclaiming an old tradition. We stumbled upon the weekly jazz concert the Dallas Museum of Art hosts for a month in the spring. We thought we had missed our chance because it used to take place in April but this year they are going with the month of June. It was such a perfect night to sit under the stars and listen to great music while just hanging out together. And Breck loves jazz. Seriously - when they took a 15-minute intermission so did he, but when they returned to playing, so did he!

We return to the doctor Monday for the really fun appointment - ha ha. I take the dreadful glucose test then. Hoping all checks out for that! Then a busy week ahead. Yes, I know it's summer, but I don't think we have discovered the meaning of the word relax! That is most definitely on the agenda for the following week though. And thankfully I won't be doing it in the boot! Yesterday was my last official day in it (and believe me I was ready to take it off the second I hit the door). I celebrated this morning with a designer pedicure. The foot is still sore, and I have to take it slow but anything is better than the boot!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww I got to be on the blog! uhhhhh man.. tear jerker! I need to come see this nursery too! Love ya.. and my lil man!.. and big man Brian

    ReplyDelete