So, while I was in Paris, Brian was taking up a new hobby - playing the guitar. He's talked about wanting to learn for a long time, but I think that weekend brought "Carpe Diem" to life. He started out with a beginner guitar, but a few weeks later, we went to a music shop, and he found an amazing guitar that he loves. He already has one song, Mighty to Save by Hillsong, mastered and is working on the next, You're Beautiful by James Blunt (he uses YouTube as his coach).Check out the video of him playing! He's really good (especially when you consider he picked up a guitar for the first time two weeks ago, taught himself using an online video and can only practice when his 12 and 15-hour workdays allow)!!
I'm so proud of him. He's even inspired me to learn to play the piano. I've always wanted to be able to just sit down at one and play the most beautiful music. I had an organ when I was little and taught myself how to play Amazing Grace by memorizing the numbers associated with the keys on the organ. To this day, I can play that and chopsticks! So, I have a 76-key keyboard that has amazing built-in features. Right now, it is tutoring me to learn Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. I have the base of the song learned with my right hand; I just have to learn to play the harmonizing tones with my left at the same time - that part is a bit harder to do!!
No comments:
Post a Comment