We have been a happy family of four for the past ten years - Brian bought Midnight (Chihuahua) for me as a wedding present, and I bought Tigger (Yorkie) for Brian. We adore these two and really see them as members of our family. I mean they have their own bedroom, a decent closet of clothes (though these two are opposed to wearing much of anything), and a plush lifestyle that rivals the most spoiled of children. Like I said, we have been a happy family for a decade, but some crazy notion came over us and we turned
our calm lives upside down on a whim! As an early 10-year anniversary present, we got Winnie (get it?? Tigger is our other Yorkie, so we bought her a little mini version and named her Winnie, like Winnie the Pooh). Poor Winnie came to us in less than stellar shape. Let's just say the people who had her obviously don't feel the same way about dogs as we do. She smelled and looked like she hadn't been loved a day in her life. She was barely 1.6 pounds and had pneumonia at only 6 weeks old. The doctor told us we would be lucky if she survived her first week with us. With a lot
of prayer, love and medicine, our thriving 12-week-old is now an incredible 3.2 pounds (she is a toy Yorkie, so she shouldn't get bigger than 4 lbs total). Needless to say, she is not the same little one that came to us. Now, she is definitely a ball of fur and curiosity!! Midnight - well...she's Midnight. She's never been one to openly accept anyone - including us! - unless she's in the mood. There are days she tolerates Winnie, and then there are days she steers clear completely. Tigger - on the other hand - well, she started out not knowing what to think and felt quite jealous.
Time Job!" After she got better, I almost went back to the store and bought the other shirt that said, "I tried being sweet but then I got bored" - this is pretty accurate to the Winnie of today! :) I finally found the cutest little hoodie - and in my colors!! I liked it on her so much that I went back and bought Tigger a matching one so they would look alike. You can see in the video below how much fun these two Yorkies have together. We are VERY happy that we decided to expand our family - even with the trials that come with having a little newborn!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment