Thursday, March 26, 2009

An Interesting Book

I don't know if you're a reader or not, but I challenge you to check out The Shack by William P. Young. One of my favorite people (and her English teacher mom) gave me the gift of this book at Christmas. I hadn't heard much about it apart from the fact that it was written as a personal story intended for family but after friends read it, they pushed to see it published and distributed on a wider scale because of the message behind this book. This book is now on the New York Times Best Sellers' List, having sold millions of copies.

It is a challenging tale of a man with a painful past and his journey with God. I wouldn't say that it is the best-written book that I've ever read, but the focus on the relationship with God, as opposed to religion made me keep turning the pages. There were times when I didn't know what to think, but I have to say it was well worth the read! I loved the way it made me think about God and my own relationship with Him in a very different way than the constraints of society and church often teach.

2 comments:

  1. maybe I should read the book now huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book yesterday- yes, I read it in one day- and I thought it was amazing. Even though it is a fictional book, it does make you take a step back and look at your relationship with God and the Trinity. There were several times that I would stop and say to myself, "Wow. I never thought about it like that." I would recommend it to anyone.

    ReplyDelete