Saturday, October 23, 2010

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

It has been a busy couple of weeks. Unfortunately, we are back at work (for two full weeks now!). I won't lie, it was tough that first day but since then, it has gotten gradually easier. For one thing, I know he is in an awesome place. We couldn't be happier with Primrose. They are just so good to him there. Every afternoon when I pick him up, those ladies are sad to see him go. They have told me over and over what a good baby he is - always happy and never fussy. It warms my heart to hear that! And baby boy is good to mama! It is like he knew life was a changin' because he started sleeping until 4 or 5 in the morning (that's from 9:30 at night, people!). I get to actually feel rested which is fantastic seeing as how he and I enjoyed the midday naps quite often during my maternity leave. Somehow that doesn't seem to fly when you are teaching 8th graders! And living a caffeine free life while breastfeeding this first year means there's no coffee to help me get going. 

He goes for his 2 month appointment Tuesday, but I already know he is huge! He doesn't fit newborn anything any more (though honestly, I was shocked how long he did fit them). At his two week appointment, he was already an inch longer and a pound heavier than at birth. I won't be surprised if he is a few inches longer and pounds heavier than that even now. 

As you can see from the pics, we have had all sorts of fun. We went to a place called Decorators Warehouse, and they already had a Santa so we took pics with Santa before our pics with pumpkins!
 I love how cute my little pumpkin is! This is the outfit Grandma Hill got him for Halloween, and so he just fit perfectly among all the other pumpkins!

 Well, it was a sad day last week, but the time had finally come to say goodbye to the Miata and hello to a better car for my lil man to travel around in. At the fair, we were really impressed with the Chevy Crossover SUV's. We had intended to get a smaller one - the Equinox - but I really loved the extra room the Traverse offered. (It holds up to 8 passengers and though I don't expect to ever need that, I loved the fact that the last row laid down offering tons of extra cargo space. Now, I can leave his mega stroller in there all the time and have room leftover.) Also I don't have to climb up in it or stoop down to it - I can just easily place his car seat in the back and that has saved my back tremendously!
Well, I hear him stirring so I will catch up with more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment