Friday, August 14, 2009

New Cowboys Stadium

The new Cowboys Stadium offers tours throughout the day to the die-hards who are obsessed with its supremacy (and those mildly interested in it regardless of the fact that it houses that dreaded of sports - football!!). Seriously, we tried to take a tour a couple of weeks ago, but we arrived moments after they stopped running tours for the weekend, so we were excited when the news announced the stadium was open to Arlington residents for free. (Although I hear the paid tour is amazing since they actually take you up to the suites and into the locker rooms.) It was still impressive though - and that's even from me who could care less!! I will say that I was none too happy with my husband throughout this little jaunt. Let's just say that I knew it would be more than I could walk in the boot, so I reluctantly agreed to a wheelchair. Uh, yeah. So that was a mistake - or rather became one when Brian took control of the wheelchair. At one point he was popping wheelies, with me not the willing participant. He tried to wheel me into the background of a newscast, for which I felt the need to smack him. :)
Anyway - it's pretty cool because Brian's team will be playing a hometown rival in the Kirk Herbstreit Classic on September 7th at 4:15 p.m.  in Cowboys Stadium. It will be televised, but only on Fox Sports Southwest. I am really hoping that they will hook up the wives with a suite! ha ha

1 comment:

  1. Good thing our economy is suffering because otherwise they would be able to have a 40 million dollar scoreboard-- oh wait they do. Hmm? Now tell me how we are in a horrible recession. Hey- by the way, G says that OU is playing their first game there. I am sure you will be there- right?

    ReplyDelete