Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Fun Evening with Friends

Ok, so anyone who knows me knows that I am not a sports enthusiast. I find myself at sporting events all the time because I support the people in my life who have a passion for it, but it is certainly not my idea of a good time. So, when friends from church told us about a fun evening at the ballpark, I was like, "Oh, yippee." Casting Crowns, one of my favorite Christian bands, was performing at the ballpark first though, which did make me eager to go. I can't say that I watched much of the game at all - my husband told me we won :) - but I did end up having a fantastic evening. We have great friends and just spending the evening with them made it all worth it. Oh, and we discovered that they sell "All You Can Eat" seats. This is definitely the way to go to the ballpark. They've opened up a huge restaurant above the covered seats in this area where you can go and hang out in the air conditioning for the entire evening, if you choose. And they were right about the "all you can eat" part. They set up a buffet that included nachos, hot dogs, grilled chicken sandwiches, in addition to huge bins of popcorn and peanuts with boxes you could fill to the brim. The only disappointing thing to me was that although drinks were also included, your only choice was soda. All I wanted was water but strangely enough, that wasn't a choice. Anyway, if you feel like going to a Rangers game any time soon, I definitely suggest you buy these tickets. In the past, we've paid between $15-$20 for decent tickets and these with food included were only $30. When a small bag of peanuts or a bottled water already runs you $4.50 out there, it's definitely a steal!

2 comments:

  1. Didn't you know that the only way to go to a baseball game is with friends so you have something else to do besides watch the game?? :-) I'm glad you had a great time and the all-you-can-eat seats sound like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would have been heaven for the Lemons family. Thanks to Kendall we now all LOVE baseball (well not Kennedy really but that's a whole other story)!! Thanks for the tip about the seats. Well worth it!

    ReplyDelete